#51 The Ant Bully
Director: John A. Davis
MPAA Rating: PG
Epic Co-stars: Bruce Campbell, Paul GiamattiRunning Time: 88 minutes
Cage Time: 30%
Cage Kills: 0
Cage Flip-outs: 1
In the Ant Bully, Nic Cage plays a sarcastic ant sorcerer named Zoc. That is trying desperately to brew a potion of Reduce Person. You see, there is a kid out there that likes to mess with the ants' nice little civilization, usually in the form of squirt gun. The ants call the kid, "Peanut the Destroyer." Zoc wants to give the potion to the kid so that he will be easy to kill.
The Julia Roberts ant says "No! We can rehabilitate!" They let Peanut try to join the community, but his attitude is terrible. Not surprisingly, the kid learns the way of the ants and they grow to respect each other. Danger happens, then they overcome it together. In the end, Zoc makes an Enlarge Person potion to return Peanut to his family with a new found respect for insects.
The plot is so trivial, that we had guessed the plot completely before the title credits were through. Also, the humans in this movie were super uncanny. All in all, the movie made us laugh in parts, and Nicolas Cage as a wizard ant shows that his talent knows no bounds.
|Zoc, a wizard ant who wishes to use his magic to go the greater good for the colony.|
|Nicolas Cage has been known to play a wizard role|
- "Away, monster, or I will use my powers to destroy you... powers that I have yet to perfect."
- "It's Peanut, the Destroyer!"
- "No, wait! We are not mindless savages! We should study the human... and then eat him!"
- Nic: "Curse you, rock! A curse upon your children!" JR: "I don't think rocks have children." Nic: "Well, they won't NOW."
- "Oh, something HAHAHA, I was worried it was NOTHING!"
- "Will you quit eating, fatso?! It's crowded in here! We need more room!"
- "Zok! How did you get in here?" "Well, I sure didn't get in through the REAR entrance."
- "Uh, definitely NOT, thank you." (you have to imagine Nic Cage saying that)
- "Calling a human a friend... I always thought that was impossible until I met you."
- Most of this movie was iron clad, but at the end they really blow it. Why go to all the trouble of shrinking the exterminator when they could just un-shrink the kid?